Saturday, August 21, 2010

First of all, I would like to start this post by saying I am sitting on my patio right now, writing this. It was warm enough today, that it is still warm enough in the mountains to enjoy the great out of doors at night. Sweet relief. So far, the mosquitoes aren't eating me either.
Okay, now on to other things.

I just finished reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I know this book has gotten quite a lot of publicity, and you might be thinking the hype is just too much. Well, I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good story. There are a few mysteries in the book, that she reveals the answers to, in a manner that you just can't put the book down. And while the ending is a tiny bit predictable, I just didn't care. I fell in love with the three main characters of this book. I want to hug them and squeeze them and keep them safe in my pocket forever.

Now I am off to read the second in the Stieg Larrson series, The Girl Who Played with Fire. I really enjoyed the first in the series. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It is funny, because I picked up that book before it became a big sensation in the US. I just picked it up because I thought, hey, that is me. (As I am a girl, and I have a dragon tattoo.) I didn't read it for a long time, as it went into the reading list. When I finally did get to it, I loved it. Although, I am glad I am not the SAME girl with the tattoo. Some of the scenes there are so intense. It is all consuming. I am looking forward to next installment. Although, I am a little sad that Mr Larrson passed away before he could write more. And that he was not able to see what a sensation his books have become. Hopefully, somehow, he always knew the gem that he created.

Just a few other quick blurbs...
The Lady Gaga concert was amazing. What a performer! What a night! Thank you to Jill, who got us the tickets.

Bri's racing is going really well this year. Go Groove! He has a lot to be proud of.

We celebrated our two year anniversary this year with some friends up at the house. It was so much fun. There was games, lightning, fireworks and fun. Seven years together, and I am still so in love.

My mom had shoulder surgery, which was tough with the injury and the stress that comes with it. But now she is SO much better, and so much more happy.

My Dad's plane is nearing completion and should hopefully be ready to fly next summer. He has big plans to make a trip out east to see family and friends.

I was in Lisa's wedding and that was an interesting experience all around. She looked beautiful, and I had a lot of fun that day. Plus, I love weddings! So, I am always a sucker for them.Life is good.This was a wild flower in my sisters yard. So pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment