Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snowy Day

I am "stuck" at home for a snow day. I have no idea how much we are going to get, but we have around 1.5 feet right now. Sah-weet! So, that actually means I have time to blog. Woo hoo.

So B and I went down to Rio Ranch to visit Stephanie and her family. We had a good time at balloon fiesta. I did get sick though, so it was a bit of a bummer. It cut into my time to see my friends, and more time spent sleeping. But I love getting a chance to see Steph!

It was nice this time because there was a lot less wind than last year. We were out last year for Stephanie's wedding. So this year, we were out for their anniversary. :) And, we actually got to see some balloons go up this year, which was really cool. It was amazing how many balloons there are! It was awesome because Steph gave up a seat in the balloon so that B could go for a ride. He was so excited. I got to be part of the chase crew. It was funny because the balloon landed on a Native American reservation. It is kind of like leaving the country, without your passport. There were cops, and forms to fill out, crazy. And the balloon was in a narrow corridor between two fences, and we had to get it over to a more open patch of land. Tough work, but tons of fun! Our drive, to and from, was pretty easy, barring the sick part.

Other than that, B and I went to a shrimp boil at Seth's house last weekend. I love getting to eat that yummy food, right off the table. Plus, I had Brittainy and Bonnie there, so I had some good girlfriends there to hang out with. We got to talking. It is getting dangerously close to my 30th birthday. Um, what?! How did that happen? When did I become an adult? Weird! We are talking about going down to Vegas for the b-day festivities. Of course, I will be heading out to see Thunder From Down Under. Because it is funny, and I can.

I recently finished reading Into the Wild by Krakauer. I can appreciate McCandless's ideals, and that he was you and wanted to make a life for himself. I can not respect what he put his family through, especially his sister, whom he claimed to love so much. I am sorry, if you love someone, you don't cut off all contact with them, and let them worry themselves sick about you. In my opinion. Anyway, it was an interesting read. I feel the author veers off a little bit in the story, but he usually got back to it pretty quickly. It is sad though. Now, I am reading Invisible Mountain by Caolina De Robertis. So far, it is a really intriguing story about 3 women in the same family. Each section is told from one woman's point of view, and it is three generations. Cool stuff! I am about 1.4 of the way through, and I like it a lot. I is set in Uruguay, so the seasons are opposite. Weird. Sometimes it is hard to keep track of all the family members, but I muddle through.

Well, the snow just keeps on dumping, and it is starting to get windy. It looks like I am just, plain, going to be stuck here for awhile. Good thing I love my husband, my house, my life!

ttfn



No comments:

Post a Comment