Thursday, October 1, 2009

BACK

So, am I good blogger? No!
Will I try harder next time? Yes!
Does that mean I will ever be a good blogger? Probably not.

Anyway, this is what I have been up to...

The wind has been kicking up around our house. I don't mean a pleasant breeze, I mean banshee, monsoon like winds. So, it has knocked down a couple of trees in our yard, this one was the most obvious, since it is sticking out in the road.So, if a tree falls down right near your house, and you still don't hear it...is it the gale like winds fault?
I say yes! But Brian is doing an awesome job cutting it down to size. We should have firewood for the next century after all the beetle kill rips through here.
Also, this past weekend, it was Roller Derby time! Brian, Craig, Jeff, Jesse, Brittainy, Jill, Greg and a couple other folks all headed down to The Colosseum to enjoy a double bout. The skating was pretty fun, and always the Bad Apples were awesome. However, my favorite part is when Brittainy and I got picked to participate in the half time show. Awesome!
Title:Roller Derby Half-Time Show

Girls Rule!

Also, this weekend, Kirsten's episode of Bridezilla aired. I was actually in this one. I am on TV! It can be found on the WE channel, and the bride is Kirsten Stiff. It was a lot of fun to watch. It was interesting the editing choices that they made. I didn't think I was on camera nearly as much as I was. :) However, I have learned, if anyone ever tells me that they are going to be on Bridezillas, and asks me to be a part of their wedding, I will graciously decline and just enjoy the show at a later date. :)

Work is scooting along. I had my yearly review, and everything was pretty good. I got a raise, so that is good. Am I still getting paid what I am worth? Nah, but maybe someday.

I know you are thinking to yourself, what is that Jessica reading now? Well, I just finished the new Dan Brown book. The Lost Symbol. It was pretty classic to his style. I enjoyed the book, and I liked the ending to the story, but not to the book. Once you read it, you will understand. But I can't tell you more than that, because then it would ruin all the suspense, and that is what Mr. Brown writes for. Now I am reading The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny. I have not read any of her other murder mysteries. This one is pretty good, but some of the ways the investigators go about their business seems a little odd. Would a chief investigator ever walk around town letting people borrow the evidence to show to someone else? Umm, I come from a small town, so I guess it is possible, but NOT likely. It is set right after Labor Day though, so it is a perfect time to be reading it. Even if it is set in Canada. Hey Bonnie, now I know how you crazy Canadians think. Murderers and cover-ups the whole lot of ya!

Guess that is it for now...

Can you guess when you will hear from me again?



No comments:

Post a Comment