Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Slacker

Sheesh, I have been such a slacker about the blog. And so much has happened!

Friday night was Ari's big 30th birthday.
It was a lot of fun. We drove out to central city to meet up with everyone for the karaoke party. Ari chopped off all her hair for locks of love, and it looked great. It was a shocker though, I have never seen her hair that short. I got up the guts to get up and sing, and that was a lot of fun. I sang Before he Cheats by Carrie Underwood. I couldn't really hear anything so I went out of tune, until I put my finger in my ear. Considering I haven't sung in a long time, I think I did a pretty good job. I am proud of myself.

Saturday was relax during the day, and head out in the evening. Bri and I went to see Wade and Rita in Educating Rita. (The name is just a coincidence.) They did such a wonder job! I think it is one of my favorite plays that I have seen there. I even had a little tear, which I usually only reserve for movies. Then we hung out for the party afterwards. It was closing night, and Rita's sister was in town from Ireland. Nils catered the whole thing. He is an excellent cook. The food was pretty fabulous.

Sunday was Stephanie's baby shower. We are all very excited to meet John Daniel, and this party was all about celebrating him. It was good to see Stephanie, I miss her so much! I also got to see the lovely Addison. I could squeeze that girl until she popped. Stephanie cleaned out in the baby clothes department. She also got this awesome stroller! I would like to point out that I won two of the three games that we played. That is how awesome I am at word games and guessing Stephanie's belly size. She is quite small for being due next month. Not scary small, cute small. An extra bonus is that I got my girl scout cookies from Addison. Hurray.

Monday was just work, accompanied by the most awful headache! I had all these great plans to get to the gym and get back on track with all that stuff, but the pain held me back. I was sad. It was a tough one to ride out. And it made it a lot more difficult to smile at the customer. Plus, when I have a headache, the smell of coffee makes me feel queasy. Not fun, when working in cafe that serves coffee.

Today is hang out at home and do laundry day. Oh yeah, and torture the bird day. I had to take Cyrus to the vet for his normal checkup. He freaked me out because he threw up, which is very strange when a bird does it, on the way down. But we got all checked out, and the vet said
everything looked good. He lost two grams. He was 27, now he is 25. The vet said that it is nothing to worry about at this point. But a bird losing weight can be a sign of something wrong, so we will be paying close attention at his next visit. Also we was wrapped up in a towel, and had his nails and wings clipped. Cyrus was not a fan!
After the vet visit, we went to visit B at work. Cyrus was really glad to see Brian, and he had fun meeting some of Brian's co-workers. He was still pretty stressed out, but at least he was really well behaved, and didn't poop on anyone.
Now we are all home, safe and sound. Cyrus has been relaxing from all the stress, and I am enjoying the rest of this beautiful day
off.

No comments:

Post a Comment