Sunday, February 15, 2009

Love Day








Valentine's Day was awesome! I had such a wonderful day!








First, gave Alex a call, and headed into town to get our hippy muffins and coffee. I opted for a sticky bun and some chai, but close to the same thing. The snow on the road meant that Alex was going to drive super slow, but that is fine with me. It wasn't like we were in a hurry to get anywhere.

After we got back, I went and read some of my book, and took a nap. All in preperation for evening time.

Finally, it was time to head out the door. We made quick stops at all three houses of the fam, so we could drop off our Valentine cards for them. Sadly, nothing too special, but it is the thought that counts. Plus, I know that we totally surprised Dad and Diana, so that was kind of cool.








Then we got to the Courtyard Marriot. We got to stay on the top floor, which B requested, but he didn't like looking over the side when we were at the top. Our room view was top notch.





I took advantage of the fact that we had a bottomless pit for hot water while B took a short nap.

Then it was out on the town. We headed down to the lobby, and hit up the restaurant, The Rialto, that just happens to be connected to the hotel. Oh my goodness! I wish I had a picture. Those are some of the best scallops that I have ever had! We only had two for our appatizer, but they were huge, and worth every loving bite. I also had a salad with goat cheese, salmon in a pastry, and a chocolate mousse dessert. And for me, I had the wine pairing with it. It was fabulous!

Then we were off to the main event. It turns out that I was a little confused, and were were not off to see the burlesque show, that was much later in the evening. We were going to see Lannie's gypsy jazz band. She sang a bunch of romantic songs, and was pretty funny. I think my favorite part was when she came out in the banana hat. We enjoyed the "famous Lanni-tini" and a little bit of the dessert buffet. After we finished seeing the show at Denver's famouse clock tower, we only had about a block to walk back to the hotel. It was so amazing! Brian planned it all.

Today was also pretty wonderful. We slept in, kind of. I had trouble sleeping because Brian had turned the temperature down to 50. Brrr. So, I woke up pretty early and read for awhile. Once we finally got up and moving, we got our car from valet, (oohh) and met up with Seth to get some brunch. The food wasn't bad, and the company was good. We origianally tried to go to some deli downtown, but it was closed, and apparentely is closed both Saturdays and Sundays. What kind of deli is that?

Anyway, then we came home and relaxed, made the bird food for the month, and relaxed some more.

This was all for our very first Valentine's day as a married couple. Hurrah! All in all, an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment