Thursday, February 26, 2009

Quiet days

Well, it has been a quiet couple of days for me. Sort of.

Wednesday, I went to my book club meeting. We finished The Power of One, which is a book that I highly recommend. I really enjoyed it! We met at Pasta Jay's, but I only got the cheese bread, so I could save room for dinner at home. There were only four of us at the meeting, but it was a pretty good discussion. But, in my usual way, I couldn't leave with any sort of grace, and dumped two full glasses of water all over Denise, and her book. *Sigh* Aren't we supposed to grown out of the clutz phase? I think I am getting progressively worse! Poor Denise.

Then I headed up the mountain to have dinner with Brian and Alex. Alex called and said that she had a rough day at work, and was hoping to get together for some good food and booze. She made a very yummy meal that was a vegan quesadilla kind of thing. It was very yummy, and I pretty sure pretty healthy for me.

Today, I managed to cut myself three times at work, and all before 9am. I am just the image of grace. Then it was off to the gym. Funny story...
At barnes and noble, there was a lady that comes in occasionally. She was wearing her work clothes, (24 hour fitness stuff) I asked her if she knew my trainer, she did, so I told her to tell my trainer that I would be calling her soon. And she DID! I talked to my trainer today, and she knew all about it. Very funny. It is embarrassing to talk to your trainer though, when one has fallen off the wagon, as I have. I am very sporadic in my workouts, and then when I do, I do something dumb, like eat half a box of girls scout cookies. Does anyone else see any self sabatoge here?

So, I had a decent workout, but it was interrupted by running into my trainer, Lisa. Also, for the past two days, I have seen Denise there. She just joined, but it is cool to actually see someone there that I know.

This eveing has been pretty laid back. Watched some tv, did some minor cleaning, and now I am off to take my shower. I may be covered in guilt, but I will wash it all away...that IS how it works, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment